|Submitted: Aug 14 2008|
Updated: Dec 14 2009
It is time to give a modern and professional look to our desktop! The new theme makes more clever use of orange (not over-use it) and is mainly color-neutral. It is designed for Ubuntu in mind but can be used in other distros that may bear warm colors.
[size=3]Installation: (requires pixbuf theme engine)[/size]
Very simple. Just double click the file newwave-(xxx).gtp where (xxx) is the version number e.g. 050. Note that if you have previous version of the theme in your home folder you need to remove it first. You may need to log out then log in to make all changes appear (e.g. handlers, lines). For more information on how to fix Firefox's menubar text and how to use the theme in root programs see the README file.
The package also contains:
- New Wave Configurator (GUI),
- Emerald themes,
- Compiz-fusion settings,
- Second theme with dark menus,
- Firefox skin,
- Some metacity tweaks.
- Time applet tips.
Theme for xfwm4 (Xubuntu) can be downloaded in the Download section of this page.
Support & News:
Check the latest news at my blog: http://ankere.wordpress.com/
Any bugs should be reported here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/anton
If you have questions ask them in Launchpad Questions section:https://answers.launchpad.net/anton
or in the Help tab of this page.
You could also sponsor me (in the form of donation) in order to buy a cheap laptop and work on New Wave more. You can do the donation by clicking on the donate button on the right of the download section.
- Statusbar, selected text, popups in Nautilus, tooltips, text improvements (lighter text)
- More lightness in menus and desktop items (transparancy and toned colors)
- Improved active tab and horizontal line gradients.
- Transparent panels and items possible when using flat panel theme (use NW Configurator to set up)
- IconView and Assistant Window themed much better.
- Infobars are styled properly to match the theme.
- Added focus for the items in nautilus and many other apps.
- Improved selected workspace bg color in the applet.
- Fixed the rendering glitch in Appearance manager.
- Improved NW Configurator - transparent panels and more.
- Redesigned progressbars inside treeviews to match the other progressbars better.
- Fixed long standing issue with Evolution's preferences wrong colors.
- Restyled frames in Gedit statusbar and the panel.
- New theme format gtp for easier installation (just double click)
- Brasero notifications color fixed.
- Rhythmbox 'Now playing' tool-tips can now be seen.
- Fixed scrollbars in OpenOffice and Firefox by using hack.
- Firefox skin for Firefox 3.5
- Firefox and OO unreadable menubar text could be fixed with Configurator.
- Metacity enchantments for dialogs (only visible when compiz effects are off)
- Lotus Notes and Eclipse 100% CPU bug fixed.
- Old combo-box is themed better in OpenOffice and other apps.
- Introducing a Configurator (GUI) for easy modification of some theme properties.
- Treeview has new headers, items and focus system.
- Make nautilus sidebar use custom treeview design for better integration.
- New design for scrollbars and scrollbar arrows.
- Better tooltips that look more three dimensional (3D).
- Progressbars are more "color rich" and have more depth. Thus they are more attention grabbing.
- Modified etched out shadows.
- Emerald usability fix in the button bottom border color.
- Textboxes, tabs, combobox entries and range controls have focus indicated by glow.
- Firefox theme available for better integration.
- Opera theme by Kyle Baker (see download section because it is not included in the pack)
License: Creative Commons by-sa